Who is Gundry MD?
Dr. Steven Gundry is a physician and former cardiac surgeon with extensive knowledge in various medical fields. He is the founder of the Center for Restorative Medicine which formulates Gundry MD products.
In my research I discovered that to formulate these supplements, Dr. Gundry combines his knowledge of modern medicine with his passion for a natural and holistic approach. Dr. Gundry MD has authored books including;
- Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution
- The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in “Healthy” Foods that Cause Disease and Weight Gain
- The Plant Paradox Quick and Easy: The 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Live Lectin-Free
- The Longevity Paradox: How to Die Young at a Ripe Old Age
- These are physician developed and approved products.
- They use 100% organic ingredients.
- They manufacture in a GMP-certified facility.
- They do extensive third-party testing.
- Organic Apple Peel
- Cinnamon Bark
- Ginger Root
- Green Tea
- White Tea
- Bitter Melon
- Grape Seed
- Gundry MD can support digestive health.
- These products can strengthen the immune system.
- They can promote fat and weight loss.
- Gundry MD supports joint health.
- The products provide a wealth of nutrients.
- Some products have shellfish, which certain users can’t consume.
- These are popular products which sometimes go low stock.
- Different users will experience different results.
About the Brand
Gundry MD LLC is a brand that formulates dietary supplements and skincare solutions. Notably, the products range widely from those that promote gut health and digestion to those aiding in strength-building, weight loss, liver, and heart health.
When it comes to skincare, Gundry MD focuses on cleansing, soothing, and improving skin tone. The line also seeks to help fade dark spots, firm the skin, as well as offer scalp renewal treatment. Personally, I love this brand and I use a number of their products in my own health regimen.
What are Gundry MD Best Seller Products?
Bestseller products by this brand include:
1. Gundry MD Bio Complete 3
Key ingredients – tributyrin, sunfiber, bacillus coagulans, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose
Price – 1 bottle (120 pills) – $69.96
2. Gundry MD Total Restore
Key ingredients – magnesium, zinc, cinnamon bark powder, grape seed extract, licorice root powder, L-glutamine, N-Acetyl-D-Glucosamine, black pepper, and organic berries (strawberry, cherry, blueberry, raspberry, elderberry)
Price – 1 bottle (90 capsules) – $69.95
3. Gundry MD Vital Reds
Key ingredients – polyphenol blend (including 34 fruits/vegetables), metabolic enhancing blend (including cinnamon, green tea extract, black pepper, ginger, and turmeric), and digestive support blend, (including Fructo-oligosaccharides
Price – 1 jar (30 servings) – $69.95
4. Gundry MD Primal Plants
Key ingredients – superfood greens blend (including broccoli, kale, spinach, fennel, and cinnamon), digestive support blend (chicory root fructo-oligosaccharides and bromelain), metabolic enhancing blend (including green tea leaf extract, ginger, white tea leaf extract, turmeric, black pepper, and bitter melon extract), and probiotics (including Bacillus coagulans, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Bifidobacterium lactis, and Lactobacillus reuteri)
Price – 1 jar (30 servings) – $99.99
5. Gundry MD Olive Oil
Key ingredients – extra virgin olive oil
Price – 1 bottle (8.5 fl oz)- $49.95
Which key ingredients does Gundry MD Products use (in the brand’s supplements)?
Dietary polyphenols are natural compounds that are found in plant-based foods including cereals, tea, coffee, fruits, vegetables, and wine. They are full of antioxidants that support immunity and provide a number of health benefits. Polyphenols support digestion, brain and heart health, and prevent diabetes. They may also lower blood sugar levels.
According to the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, polyphenols improve the production and functioning of gut microbiota. They have also been studied for their possible benefits for metabolic and cardiovascular diseases.
Cinnamon is one of the most popular spices around the globe. It primarily contains vital oils and other derivatives including cinnamic acid, cinnamate, and cinnamaldehyde. It offers health benefits like easing digestive symptoms, lowering blood sugar levels, supporting heart health, and protecting against bacterial and fungal infections. In addition, it may help reduce fat and promote weight loss.
According to Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, cinnamon has antimicrobial, anti-diabetic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and lipid-lowering benefits.
This is another spice with tremendous benefits. In the journal of Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, black pepper is claimed to have antioxidant, antimicrobial, and gastro-protective benefits.
Piperine is the active ingredient in black pepper which is rich in volatile oil, alkaloids, and oleoresins. It contains manganese, which can help with wound healing, bone health, and balance metabolism. It may help lower cholesterol and blood sugar and promote brain health. Black pepper is high in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Probiotics are live micro-organisms that are found in fermented foods and cultured milk. Probiotics are known as health-friendly bacteria as they improve immune systems, prevent bowel diseases, alleviate lactose intolerance, provide microbial balance and improve post-menopausal disorders as per the Journal of Tropical Life Sciences Research.
Probiotics live inside the gut, and they kill bad bacteria and promote a healthy gut microbiome. This leads with bowel movement regularly, and it decreases symptoms like gas, diarrhea, and bloating.
These are carbohydrates that occur naturally in plants like banana, artichoke, chicory, asparagus, and onion among others. FOS has interesting properties such as low sweetness intensity, calorie-free, solubility, and non-carcinogenic.
FOS promotes the prebiotic effect which in turn stimulates the growth of intestinal microflora as per the Journal of Physiology and Biochemistry.They feed the probiotics in your gut so they can proliferate and promote better gut health. FOS may ease digestive symptoms like diarrhea and constipation.
Gundry MD Reviews
The key aspect of this brand is that it offers supplements and skincare that contain natural ingredients. This is still one of the major reasons why many customers opt for the brand according to Gundry MD reviews.
Besides, most users seem to agree that the products in this line are worth the price, as many people feel that they do work. Gundry MD Prebiothrive for instance has a price tag of $41.47 $79 and most users think it’s much more fair compared to similar products by other brands. Gundry MD products are also notably rated highly in most retailer sites.
Here are some of the top real reviews I found in my online research:
- Bio Complete 3 is Fantastic!
I’ve been taking Bio Complete 3 for almost a month now and I’ve been feeling fantastic. I’ve been pooping more often; do not crave junk food and I sleep better. I follow Dr. Gundry’s advice on his Plant Paradox diet, and I have lost 9 pounds of fat. I’ve never participated in a more successful diet than Dr. Gundry’s diet. Thank you Dr. Gundry for helping me feel better! – Lee
- Delicious and Healthy Shakes
My doctor recommended that I try Dr Gundry’s meal replacement shakes since I was having problems losing weight after 50. As of now I’ve tried the chocolate and vanilla and both are delicious, especially when I mix in some frozen fruit. I’ve lost 8# and find the shakes to be filling and satisfying. Better than anything that Herbalife or SlimFast could ever make!
- The Most Powerful Gur Healer
I was working with a coach and it wasn’t until I started the bio complete 3 that I saw powerfully quick results! As of right now, 8 of my family members are on it already and seeing incredible results! Bio Complete 3 is such a powerful gut healer; it’s changed my life! You feel results after just 3 days! On to placing my next order! – Barry B.
People Also Ask
Q: Does Gundry MD Total Restore Really Work?
A: People who used this particular product agree that it works as advertised. Precisely, those who adhered to the dosage as required claim to have noticed an improvement in energy levels, gut resetting as well as a boost in metabolism.
Q: Does Gundry MD Polyphenols Cream Work?
A: Yes, the polyphenol dark spot diminisher works for many people as it contains ingredients such as acai extracts (rich in polyphenols) and meadowsweet extract which protects the skin from external factors.
Q: Is Steven Gundry MD Legitimate?
A: Steven Gundry MD is a qualified cardiac surgeon as well as a medical innovator. With his vast experience and skill and his use of natural ingredients, his products are taken to be credible. While some users may dismiss these products to be Gundry MD scam, most reviewers agree that they work. On Trustpilot, Gundry MD products scored 4.2 stars based on 5,101 reviews.
Q: How Many Carbs are in Gundry MD pro Plant Shake?
A: 1 scoop contains 13g of carbs, 120 calories, 4.5g fat, and 10g protein.
Q: Does Gundry MD Have a Discount Code or Promo Code?
A: Yes, you can get coupon codes from some sites online. If you sign up to become a VIP, there are discounts available to you.
Q: Does Gundry MD Accept Returns?
A: Yes, the company offers 100% money back guarantee within 90 days of receiving the order.
Q: Where to Find Gundry MD Vital Reds
A: You can purchase Gundry MD Vital Reds on the official website or retailer websites.
Q: How to Order Gundry MD Products?
A: Gundry MD Products can be purchased directly from their official website and on other retailer websites like Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Target, Walgreens etc. The prices of some of the top products are as follows:
- Gundry MD Vital Reds – $69.95
- Gundry MD Total Restore – $69.95
- Gundry MD Bio Complete – $69.95
- Gundry MD Energy Renewal – $69.95
- Gundry MD Prebiothrive – $79
- Dr. Gundry MD Heart Defense – $85.85
- Gundry MD Lectin Shield – $79.95
Q: Are Gundry MD Books available online?
A: Yes, Gundry MD books are available online on their official website.
In his Plant Paradox Diet, Dr. Steven Gundry considers some foods harmful. The Gundry MD 3 foods to avoid include; soy products, pastries, and peanuts among others. For better health, the company recommends foods such as wild-caught fish, sweet potatoes, plantains, macadamia nuts, avocados, mushrooms, Gundry MD chocolate, and goat’s milk and cheese.
Besides, you can also opt for slimming Gundry MD products which are supposedly designed to help you lose weight effortlessly. Based on Dr. Gundry’s experience and what previous users have seen, the company believes their products and diet recommendations can work for anyone.
As an avid user of these products myself, I can add that this is certainly the best wellness brand I have ever tried. My digestion is on track, my skin has never looked better, and I have more energy than ever. I highly recommend Gundry MD as a brand that is really worth it.
At Wellness Digest, our sourcing guidelines are strict and we only use primary references for our articles including peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
- Abstract P219: The Vast Majority of People Who Eat “Gluten Free” for IBS, Celiac, or Autoimmune Disease Have Markers of Leaky Gut That Resolve When “Gluten Free” Foods Containing Lectins, Like Corn, Other Grains, Beans, and Nightshades are Removed From Their Diet | Steven R Gundry | Originally published2 Mar 2020 https://doi.org/10.1161/circ.141.suppl_1.P219Circulation. 2020;141:AP219
- Abstract 706: Dietary Lectins Contribute to Coronary Artery Disease in Humans via an 1L-16 Autoimmune Mediated Response as Shown by the PULS ACS Risk Score | Steven R Gundry | Originally published19 Jul 2019Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2019;39:A706
- Nizet V, Varki A, Aebi M. Microbial Lectins: Hemagglutinins, Adhesins, and Toxins. 2017. In: Varki A, Cummings RD, Esko JD, et al., editors. Essentials of Glycobiology [Internet]. 3rd edition. Cold Spring Harbor (NY): Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press; 2015-2017. Chapter 37. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK453032/ doi: 10.1101/glycobiology.3e.037
- Rhodes JM. Genetically modified foods and the Pusztai affair. BMJ. 1999 May 8;318(7193):1284. doi: 10.1136/bmj.318.7193.1284. PMID: 10231269; PMCID: PMC1115659.
- De Mejía EG, Prisecaru VI. Lectins as bioactive plant proteins: a potential in cancer treatment. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2005;45(6):425-45. doi: 10.1080/10408390591034445. PMID: 16183566.
- Poulain M, Pes GM, Grasland C, Carru C, Ferrucci L, Baggio G, Franceschi C, Deiana L. Identification of a geographic area characterized by extreme longevity in the Sardinia island: the AKEA study. Exp Gerontol. 2004 Sep;39(9):1423-9. doi: 10.1016/j.exger.2004.06.016. PMID: 15489066.
- Keys A, Menotti A, Aravanis C, Blackburn H, Djordevic BS, Buzina R, Dontas AS, Fidanza F, Karvonen MJ, Kimura N, et al. The seven countries study: 2,289 deaths in 15 years. Prev Med. 1984 Mar;13(2):141-54. doi: 10.1016/0091-7435(84)90047-1. PMID: 6739443.
- Hartley L, Igbinedion E, Holmes J, Flowers N, Thorogood M, Clarke A, Stranges S, Hooper L, Rees K. Increased consumption of fruit and vegetables for the primary prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 6. Art. No.: CD009874. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD009874.pub2.