What are Glucomannan Supplements?
Glucomannan supplements are high-quality weight loss pills. They are rich in glucomannan, a fiber derived from konjac root. They naturally suppress your appetite and boost your metabolism, promoting weight loss. They also provide the necessary minerals and vitamins to give you the boost you need for your weight loss journey.
However, with so many glucomannan supplements on the market, deciding which ones to choose can be challenging. We have conducted extensive research to present you with two of the best glucomannan supplement based on the key ingredients, benefits, and user feedback.
- Scientifically proven ingredients
- Blocks fats and carbohydrate absorption
- Value for money
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- GMP compliant facilities
- Vegan ingredients
- Best for women
- Worldwide shipping
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Excellent fat burner and appetite suppressant
- FDA approved facilities
Best Glucomannan Supplements 2023
- Gundry MD Trimtone | Best Overall
- Trimtone | Best for Women
TriTrim is a diet supplement primarily meant to help users lose weight. It contains a proprietary blend of ingredients with multiple benefits. Instead of just burning fat, TriTrim reduces your appetite and blocks fat absorption. To better understand its functionality, let us look at its formulation and what contributes to the claimed benefits.
- It blocks fat and carbohydrate absorption
- It suppresses your appetite
- It helps stabilize blood sugar levels
- It naturally boosts your energy
- The results vary for users
- Evidence-based ingredients
- Value for money
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- GMP compliant facilities
About the Brand
Dr. Steven Gundry is the founder of Gundry MD, a California-based company. He is a former cardiologist who focuses on investigating the impact of food on health. He creates supplements that aid in weight loss and boosts energy.
|Carb Blockers: Glucomannan, Phase2 carb controller
Fat Blockers: Ashwagandha, Cissus Quadrangularis (CQR)
Sugar Suppressants: Bioperine, Turmeric, Rice flour, Zinc, Chromium, Cinnamon, Selenium, and Berberine HCL
TriTrim is one of the many supplements Gundry MD has to offer. It is a trustworthy product that helps people lose weight safely. It also promotes good cardiac health, which aligns with Dr. Gundry’s former profession.
TriTrim contains a blend of powerful ingredients that can be classified into three based on their functions. We have fat blockers, carb blockers, and sugar suppressants. These three work synergistically to help you minimize the calories you take, maintain optimal health, and induce weight loss. Let us take a closer look at them.
1. Cissus Quadrangularis (CQR) Extract
The extract is derived from a vine plant that commonly grows in parts of Africa and Asia. It is mostly used for its medicinal uses and weight loss benefits.
Several clinical trials show that CQR reduces body weight and cholesterol levels. A study with overweight and obese participants showed that supplementing 300mg of CQR with no food restrictions results in decreased waist circumference and weight loss. 
Ashwagandha is a popular medicinal herb native to the Middle East, India, and Parts of Africa. It helps you lose weight by enhancing the body’s metabolism. It also improves physical performance by improving maximum oxygen consumption during workouts and speeding up muscle recovery after exercises. 
Ashwagandha also reduces cortisol levels, reducing the chances of emotional eating. It, therefore, prevents weight gain caused by chronic stress.  Ashwagandha also increases thyroid hormone levels.  This hormone stimulates fat and carbohydrate metabolism, thus leading to weight loss.
Additionally, this ingredient boosts your immunity. It also has antibacterial properties that boost your ability to fight off bacterial infection. It also has antioxidant properties that protect your cells from damage from the by-products of oxidation.
Glucomannan is a dietary fiber derived from konjac root. It suppresses your appetite by filling your stomach and delaying gastric emptying. As a result, you reduce your daily calorie intake. It also relieves constipation due to its fiber content.
It also decreases the ghrelin hormone. A study investigating the effects of glucomannan on ghrelin levels showed a reduction in the hunger hormone ghrelin after 4-week supplementation with glucomannan. 
Many health practitioners, including Dr. Oz, recommend glucomannan for weight loss. Here is what he says about glucomannan.
- “When consumed, glucomannan “sponges” up water in the digestive tract, reducing the absorption of carbs and cholesterol which in turn supports weight loss. This supplement also makes you feel full without leaving you gassy or bloated,” Dr. Oz
2. Phase 2 Carb Controller
This patented ingredient is made from white bean extract. It inhibits carbohydrate absorption by inhibiting salivary and pancreatic amylase.  Carbohydrates are broken down to sugars, which the body converts to fatty acids and then stores as fat. By inhibiting starch absorption, the phase 2 carb controller reduces weight gain.
Research shows that bioperine, a black pepper derivative, helps prevent insulin resistance. It also lowers sugar levels in the blood by increasing glucose uptake into cells.  Bioperine also enhances fat and carbohydrate metabolism resulting in weight reduction
Turmeric enhances insulin sensitivity, which stabilizes blood sugar. It also reduces waist circumference and BMI by suppressing fat tissue growth.  It also raises adiponectin hormones that play a role in fat metabolism.
3. Rice Flour
Rice flour is rich in fiber that promotes regular bowel movements. It also decreases your appetite and suppresses food cravings, thus, lowering your daily food intake.
Rice flour is also jam-packed with vitamins and other nutrients that boost your immune system and promote health. It also lowers cholesterol levels lowering the chances of stroke, heart disease, and obesity.
How does TriTrim Works?
TriTrim works in three mechanisms. It blocks fat and carbohydrate absorption. It also reduces appetite and controls blood sugar levels. TriTrim also promotes general health and protects against cardiac diseases by reducing cholesterol levels.
However, like any other weight loss supplement, it takes time to see the results. To make the most out of this supplement, take the pills as per instructions, eat healthily and work out frequently.
How to Order TriTrim
To place your order, visit Gundy MD’s official website. The ordering process is straightforward. Start by choosing the package you want, enter the delivery location and proceed to payment. If you have trouble placing an order, contact customer support for assistance. Their customer team is always available to help you out anytime you need them.
The company offers free shipping for every purchase. They also run sales and have amazing discounts that you can take advantage of to save money. Additionally, the company offers a 90-day money-back guarantee that allows users to return the product if they are unsatisfied with the results.
Trimtone is a top-ranking weight loss supplement that is specifically formulated for women. It triggers your metabolism, so you burn more calories than before, resulting in a flat tummy and a toned body. It also contains natural ingredients, including glucomannan, that lower your appetite and help you achieve your weight goals.
- It enhances fat metabolism
- It improves energy levels
- It helps regulate blood sugar
- It enhances memory and concentration
- Not suitable for vegetarians, vegans, people with diabetes, or people who are pregnant/lactating.
- Ideal for women
- Manufactured in an FDA-approved facility
- Global shipping
- Clinically-proven ingredients
About the Brand
Trimtone is a product of Swiss Research Labs. The company’s main objective is to provide natural remedies that fit the demands of the modern woman. Their products are made in an FDA and GMP-approved facility to ensure you get the best product.
|Caffeine, Green Coffee, Green Tea, Grains of Paradise, Glucomannan
|Free shipping, Money-back guarantee
|Swiss Research Labs
Trimtone contains natural ingredients that help curb cravings, burn fat and enhance metabolism. Their ingredients are non-GMO and vegan-friendly.
Their products have clinically proven ingredients with just enough stimulants to get you through the day. Their supplements make all the difference for any weight loss journey. You will definitely see results within a few weeks of using the Trimtone supplement.
Below is an in-depth look at the ingredients and their contribution to weight loss.
Trimtone contains 100mg of this ingredient. Each daily serving contains a 3g dose sufficient for appetite suppression and weight loss. Additionally, when you take glucomannan, it absorbs water in the intestines, making you feel full. It also adds bulk and water to stool, thus preventing constipation.
This potent dietary fiber is an excellent appetite suppressant. It also promotes weight loss, as shown in a 2005 randomized trial.  One hundred seventy-six males and females received either glucomannan or a placebo in the study. Those who took glucomannan experienced more significant weight loss than those who did not.
Glucomannan also lowers cholesterol levels, reducing the risk of heart disease. It also stabilizes blood sugar levels making it useful for people with diabetes. To further support this claim, a 2015 study found that glucomannan makes people with diabetes less likely to consume foods that increase blood sugar because it makes them feel full for a long time. 
2. Garcinia Cambogia
Garcinia Cambogia suppresses appetite by increasing serotonin levels in the body. It also inhibits fat production and inhibits the formation of fat cells. One study suggests that it prevents and reduces the accumulation of visceral fat. 
3. Green Coffee
Green coffee is rich in chlorogenic acid, which helps reduce BMI and body fat. In a randomized controlled trial, chlorogenic acid reduced abdominal fat, BMI, and body weight, as we mentioned in our Green Coffee Plus Review article on another weight loss supplement containing this component. 
Green coffee also boosts fat metabolism and reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels. It also lowers sugar levels by reducing insulin resistance. As a result, green coffee prevents chronic diseases and helps improve diabetes.
How Trimtone Works
Trimtone targets multiple aspects of weight loss. It suppresses appetite, thus reducing food cravings and calorie intake. It also enhances fat burning thanks to its thermogenic ingredients. It also enhances your moods and lowers stress levels. Lastly, Trimtone improves your energy levels giving you the boost you need to power through the day.
How to Order Trimtone
You can order this supplement from Trimtone official website. A bottle costs $59.95 and will last you a month. If you are a first-time buyer, we recommend buying one bottle first to see how your body reacts to the pills. If you get good results and experience zero side effects, you can buy in bulk and stock up for three months.
The company offers worldwide shipping and a 100-day money-back guarantee. It will fully refund you if you don’t see results within three months. However, ensure that you read the return policy to comprehend its limits.
What to Consider Before Buying the Best Glucomannan Supplement
Before buying a bottle of glucomannan supplements, consider the following factors.
When selecting weight loss pills, you must look for potent and clinically proven ingredients such as glucomannan. You must also ensure that the pills are made of natural ingredients since they are safer and have numerous results. These ingredients should work synergistically with glucomannan, the main ingredient in these supplements.
2. Supplement Form
As with other supplements, glucomannan comes in various forms, such as tablets, gummies, capsules, and powder. The most popular form is powder since you can mix it in smoothies or shakes. Gummies are a close second since they are easy to swallow and come in different flavors.
Whichever form you choose, ensure you store your supplements away from children since there is a risk of poisoning when taken in large quantities. In addition, gummies and tablets are choking hazards when they are taken unsupervised and with no water.
3. Your Diet Plan
If you are on a strict diet plan like a gluten-free or vegan diet, ensure you pick a supplement that fits your diet. The supplements in this review support a vegan lifestyle. They do not contain any animal ingredients. However, pay more attention when purchasing gummies since some companies use animal gelatin.
If gluten-free, look for a supplement with rice flour or glucomannan since they do not contain gluten. Also, ensure you go through the ingredient list to avoid picking a supplement with allergens.
There are no official regulations or guidelines regarding the use of glucomannan pills. However, taking four to five grams of glucomannan daily is considered safe. It is also essential to take the supplement as instructed by the manufacturer to avoid underdosing or overdosing.
5. Health Status
Before purchasing a glucomannan supplement, ensure you consult a doctor or nutritionist. They will advise you on what ingredients to choose or avoid. For instance, if you have diabetes, you should avoid ingredients that lower your blood sugar levels to prevent the risk of hypoglycemia.
Also, avoid taking unprescribed supplements if you are pregnant or breastfeeding since some of them may contain ingredients that will harm your baby. Additionally, avoid giving supplements to minors unless a doctor prescribes them.
6. Glucomannan Side Effects
Glucomannan is a plant-based ingredient with minimal side effects. It is relatively safe to consume. However, since people react differently to substances, a few noted side effects such as bloating, flatulence, and diarrhea have been noted.
Additionally, some supplements contain stimulants that cause restlessness and insomnia. If you get adverse effects, stop taking the supplement immediately and consult a health practitioner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are Glucomannan Supplements Natural?
A: Yes. Glucomannan supplements are made from konjac root, a vegetable that grows in Asia. It contains fiber, an essential component of the human diet. The other ingredients in these supplements complement glucomannan and are safe and natural.
Q: Do Glucomannan Supplements Work?
A: Yes, Glucomannan supplements work. They reduce your appetite and slow the absorption of fat and carbohydrate in the intestines. They also boost your metabolism and enhance your fat-burning capacity resulting in weight reduction.
These supplements contain additional ingredients that help lower cholesterol levels and stabilize bold sugar. They also protect the body from oxidative damage resulting in a long healthy life.
Q: How Should I Take the Supplement?
A: Glucomannan supplements are easy to use. Most of them come in powder form that you can mix in shakes or tablet form that you can take with a glass of water.
Take glucomannan supplements 30 to 45 minutes before meals if your goal is to lose weight or suppress your appetite. This gives the body enough time to absorb the ingredients. As a result, you will have a reduced appetite and consume fewer calories than you would have if you did not take the supplement.
The dose varies for most supplements, so ensure you follow the dosage recommended by the manufacturer. For instance, Trimtone requires you to take one pill daily before meals. While TriTrim recommends you take one packet every day. The packet contains five capsules.
Q: How Much weight can I lose When taking Glucomannan Supplements?
A: Weight loss depends on numerous factors such as the individual’s genetic makeup, diet, and many others. So, there is no way of knowing how much weight you will lose while taking the supplement.
However, in an eight-week study involving 20 obese participants, it was revealed that those who took glucomannan lost an average of 5.5 pounds without a change in diet or exercise habits.  This shows that you can lose more than 5 pounds if you consistently take glucomannan supplements, eat healthily and exercise.
Q: Are Glucomannan Supplements FDA-Approved?
A: The FDA does not usually approve supplements. However, it requires firms to provide the evidence they rely on to substantiate the safety of their ingredients before they launch the product.
Q: How Long Should I Take Glucomannan Supplements?
A: You can use best glucomannan supplements for up to four months. After that, your body gets used to the ingredients so that you won’t see any difference in weight with prolonged use.
Q: How do I Get the Best Results with Glucomannan Supplements?
A: Exercise at least three times a week and eat a healthy diet for optimal results. The diet should contain more proteins and healthy fats than carbohydrates. Portion your food well and avoid eating too many calories since they will be counter-effective to your weight loss journey.
Losing stubborn fat can be difficult, even when working out and eating healthily. That is why you should include the best glucomannan supplement in your weight loss regimen. With the right one, you will lose weight quickly and effectively.
Evidence shows that glucomannan is effective in causing weight loss. It reduces your appetite, so you consume fewer calories, leading to weight loss. It is also great for your general health since it helps prevent constipation and lowers blood sugar and cholesterol levels. It is one of the best phentermine over the counter which can be added in your daily routine.
The two brands in this review come highly recommended. They have high-value ingredients that help with weight loss. Therefore, if you are looking for an excellent glucomannan supplement, try out TriTrim or Trimtone.
At Wellness Digest, our sourcing guidelines are strict and we only use primary references for our articles including peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
- Oben, J.E., Enyegue, D.M., Fomekong, G.I. et al. The effect of Cissus quadrangularis (CQR-300) and a Cissus formulation (CORE) on obesity and obesity-induced oxidative stress. Lipids Health Dis 6, 4 (2007). http://lipidworld.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1476-511X-6-4
- Hazel Sharp, Jackie Hollinshead, Barbara B. Bartholomew, Julius Oben. (2007) Inhibitory effects of Cissus quadrangularis L. derived components on lipase, amylase, and alpha-glucosidase activity in vitro https://www.researchgate.net/publication/299024740_Inhibitory_effects_of_Cissus_quadrangularis_L_derived_components_on_lipase_amylase_and_alpha-glucosidase_activity_in_vitro
- Lee HJ, Le B, Lee DR, Choi BK, Yang SH. Cissus quadrangularis extract (CQR-300) inhibits lipid accumulation by downregulating adipogenesis and lipogenesis in 3T3-L1 cells. Toxicol Rep. 2018 Mar 30;5:608-614. doi: 10.1016/j.toxrep.2018.02.008. PMID: 29854631; PMCID: PMC5977379.
- Wankhede, S., Langade, D., Joshi, K., Sinha, S. R., & Bhattacharyya, S. (2015). Examining the effect of Withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12, 43. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1186/s12970-015-0104-9?cookieSet=1
- Choudhary, D., Bhattacharyya, S., & Joshi, K. (2017). Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment With Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Journal of evidence-based complementary & alternative medicine, http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/2156587216641830
- Sharma AK, Basu I, Singh S. Efficacy and Safety of Ashwagandha Root Extract in Subclinical Hypothyroid Patients: A Double-Blind, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. J Altern Complement Med. 2018 Mar;24(3):243-248. doi: 10.1089/acm.2017.0183. Epub 2017 Aug 22. PMID: 28829155.
- Chearskul S, Kriengsinyos W, Kooptiwut S, Sangurai S, Onreabroi S, Churintaraphan M, Semprasert N, Nitiyanant W. Immediate and long-term effects of glucomannan on total ghrelin and leptin in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2009 Feb;83(2):e40-2. doi: 10.1016/j.diabres.2008.11.014. Epub 2008 Dec 23. PMID: 19108925.
- Barrett, M. L., & Udani, J. K. (2011). A proprietary alpha-amylase inhibitor from white bean (Phaseolus vulgaris): a review of clinical studies on weight loss and glycemic control. Nutrition journal, 10, 24. http://nutritionj.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1475-2891-10-24
- Maeda A, Shirao T, Shirasaya D, Yoshioka Y, Yamashita Y, Akagawa M, Ashida H. Piperine Promotes Glucose Uptake through ROS-Dependent Activation of the CAMKK/AMPK Signaling Pathway in Skeletal Muscle. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2018 Jun;62(11):e1800086. doi: 10.1002/mnfr.201800086. Epub 2018 May 17. PMID: 29683271.
- Z Adab, Sh Eghtesadi, MR Vafa, I Heydari, A Shojaei, H Haqqani, N Khorraminia (2013) Effect of turmeric on body measurement indices, glycemic condition, and lipid profile in hyperlipidemic patients with type 2 diabetes http://nsft.sbmu.ac.ir/browse.php?a_id=1440&sid=1&slc_lang=en
- Birketvedt GS, Shimshi M, Erling T, Florholmen J. Experiences with three different fiber supplements in weight reduction. Med Sci Monit. 2005 Jan;11(1):PI5-8. PMID: 15614200.
- Bakht Ramin Shah, Bin Li, Ling Wang, Shilin Liu, Yan Li, Xu Wei, Jin Weiping, Li Zhenshun, Health benefits of konjac glucomannan with special focus on diabetes, Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre, (2015) https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S2212619815000091
- Hayamizu K, Ishii Y, Kaneko I, Shen M, Okuhara Y, Shigematsu N, Tomi H, Furuse M, Yoshino G, Shimasaki H. Effects of garcinia cambogia (Hydroxycitric Acid) on visceral fat accumulation: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Curr Ther Res Clin Exp. 2003 Sep;64(8):551-67. doi: 10.1016/j.curtheres.2003.08.006. PMID: 24944404; PMCID: PMC4053034.
- Garcinia Cambogia (2016) https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/pharmacology-toxicology-and-pharmaceutical-science/hydroxycitric-acid
- Watanabe T, Kobayashi S, Yamaguchi T, Hibi M, Fukuhara I, Osaki N. Coffee Abundant in Chlorogenic Acids Reduces Abdominal Fat in Overweight Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2019 Jul 16;11(7):1617. doi: 10.3390/nu11071617. PMID: 31315279; PMCID: PMC6683100.
- Eha Nurk, Helga Refsum, Ingvar Bjelland, Christian A. Drevon, Grethe S. Tell, Per M. Ueland, Stein E. Vollset, Knut Engedal, Harald A. Nygaard and David A. Smith (2012) Plasma free choline, betaine and cognitive performance: the Hordaland Health Study https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/plasma-free-choline-betaine-and-cognitive-performance-the-hordaland-health-study/A07F06DC93C7678B188229FB072272E2
- Walsh DE, Yaghoubian V, Behforooz A. Effect of glucomannan on obese patients: a clinical study. Int J Obes. 1984;8(4):289-93. PMID: 6096282.