What is Vital Reds?
Gundry MD Vital Reds is a wellness drink powder that enhances digestion, energy levels, and skin health.
This concentrated dietary supplement is formulated using over 50 ingredients, including antioxidant-rich fruits, fat-burning herbs probiotics.
In particular, it provides a protective effect against chronic diseases by reducing the oxidative stress, controlling glucose levels and lowering bad cholesterol levels. Additionally, using this product can prevent bloating, gassiness, and constipation.
Vital Reds is soy-free, sugar-free, artificial sweetener-free and lectin-free.
In addition to Vital Reds, Gundry MD sells several supplements for overall health and specific issues, including:
In the opinion of some of our expert RDNs, the primary benefit of this product is that it’s rich in antioxidants. The probiotics are secondary.
How Does It Rate?
- Manufacturing facility is in the USA.
- Free of soy, lectin, and added sugar.
- Ingredients in Gundry MD Vital Reds are completely organic.
- This product comes in red berry flavor.
- Cinnamon Bark
- Turmeric Extract
- Green Tea Leaf
- Organic Apple Peel
- Ginger Root
- Bitter Melon
- Dr Gundry Vital Reds can enhance proper digestion and nutrient absorption.
- It can prevent digestive issues such as bloating and constipation.
- The product can boost energy levels.
- Gundry MD Vital Reds can promote weight loss.
- It improves skin health and radiance.
- It can stabilize blood sugar levels and lower “bad” cholesterol.
- There is only one flavor option.
- Some users may prefer capsules to a powder drink.
- You may experience some mild side effects with Gundry MD Vital Reds.
Gundry MD Vital Reds Reviews: Key Facts
|Benefits||Boosts Energy, Promotes Healthy Digestion, and Supports Overall Wellbeing|
|Ingredients||Superfood Reds, Probiotics, and more|
|Discounts||Up to 40% Off|
Wellness Digest: Expert Reviews You Can Trust
At Wellness Digest, we offer an extensive list of reviews of popular health and beauty products written by journalists and experts in related fields.
Every article goes through a rigorous editorial process, including a medical review from professionals in fields like medicine, nutrition, dermatology, sexual health, and others.
Read more about our panel of writers and medical reviewers, including their qualifications and related details.
About the Brand
The company behind Gundry MD Vital Reds is Gundry MD, an American health supplement company founded by Dr. Steven Gundry. The company opened in 2016 and has its headquarters in Beverly Hills, California.
Dr. Gundry is a physician with 40 years of experience in nutrition and health. He is also a former cardiac surgeon with vast knowledge of other medical fields.
This physician combines modern science and a natural holistic approach in all his products. He has authored several books on healthy eating, weight loss, longevity and living lecithin-free.
What are Gundry MD Vital Reds Ingredients?
Vital Reds is packed with numerous ingredients (50 total ingredients, 34 of them “polyphenol-rich superfruits”) that help promote one’s overall health.
1. Polyphenol Blend (1,760 mg): also known as the Reds Blend, includes 34 superfruits
2. Metabolic Enhancing Blend (356 mg): includes thermogenic components that help with weight management and fat loss
3. Digestive Support Blend (3 billion CFU): a group of probiotics for improving gut health
These berries are one of the richest sources of polyphenols, a group of antioxidants. Polyphenols are well known for their protective effect against chronic conditions such as cancer and cardiovascular disease.
A 12-week, randomized trial evaluated the effect of daily consumption of 500mg of aronia extract in modulating triglycerides, biomarkers of inflammation, and oxidative stress in former smokers. They concluded that aronia consumption reduced total cholesterol by 8% and LDL (also called “bad” cholesterol) by 11%. (source)
Not only they support the cardiovascular health, but also provides benefit for the gut health. In a research study published in 2019 by the peer-reviewed American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 66 healthy men were required to consume aronia whole fruit and extract powder.
The 12 week study concluded that aronia berry polyphenols improved the composition of the gut microbiota. It showed an increase of Anaerostipes 10.6% and Bacteroides by 193%, two beneficial bacteria found in the gut. 
They are considered as probiotics. These are well known to be likely effective in treating diarrhea, atopic dermatitis, chemotherapy induced diarrhea, constipation, and ulcerative colitis.
This ingredient contains biologically active ingredients that are claimed to be beneficial to health. It grows abundantly in Asia and makes up fresh fruits, jams, and juices.
The mulberry fruit has a diversity of nutritive compounds such as fatty acid, vitamins, minerals and have demonstrated biological activities such as antioxidants, reducing blood sugar levels and neuroprotective effects.
A randomized study evaluated the effect of 1000mg of mulberry leaf extract in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. They found that blood glucoses were significantly decreased (16%) comparing to placebo. (source)
These components promote anti-obesity, anti-cholesterol, and hepaprotective (ability to prevent liver damage) effects. Multiple pieces of evidence confirms the decrease in blood sugar and the abundance of antioxidants.
Bitter Melon Extract
Bitter melon is used as vegetables in Asian countries such as Bangladesh. It contains high antioxidant and hypoglycemic activities.
The research established that 0.75% bitter lemon extract supplementation was able to reduce plasma cholesterol and improve the secretion of insulin, therefore decreasing glucose levels.
They are also rich in Vitamin C. This vitamin is principally known as a water-soluble antioxidant, that prevents the damaging effects of free radicals. We need it for the synthesis of collagen, an essential component of the connective tissue that plays an important role in wound healing and immune function. An article in Nutrients discussed the role of Vitamin C in immune function .
Green Tea Extract
This ingredient contains multiple beneficial components including amino acid, vitamins B2 and C, beta carotene, catechins, and folic acid among others.
The catechins in green tea may play a role in increasing energy metabolism, reducing plasma triglycerides and protecting against degenerative diseases. It can also boost detoxification.
A study published by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition investigated the effects of the green tea extract on glucose tolerant and fat oxidation during moderate- intensity exercise. They found that fat oxidation was 17% higher in the experimental group compared to the placebo (source)
There was also a 13% increase in insulin sensitivity controlling the blood glucose levels. (source) Mini reviews in the Nutrients journal claims that green tea increases the composition of Bifidobacterium. A daily dose of up to 1000 ml (equivalent of 4 to 5 cups) of green tea was found to improve colonic bacterial profiles. 
Bifidobacteria are rod-shaped probiotic bacteria found in the gut, and it works to maintain gut health. These probiotics are known to be effective in the treatment of antibiotic-associated and infectious diarrhea.
Their mechanism of probiotic activity includes the production of short fatty acids, lowering the gut pH, nutrient competition, stimulation of the mucosal barrier function, and immunomodulation.
Vitamins and Minerals
Vital Reds Supplement contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, selenium, and chromium.
Other Ingredients: fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), thermogenic ingredients, polyphenol-rich ingredients, and probiotics
Best Deals, Feature Product & Coupon
- Higher energy levels
- Better digestion
- Smoother bowel movements
- Healthier-looking skin
Save Up to 40% Off
What is the Science of Gundry MD Vital Reds?
GundryMD Vital Reds comprises four proprietary formulas including: polyphenol blend, metabolism-boosting blend, digestive support blend, as well as vitamin and mineral blend. The ingredients in the blends play distinctive roles in the body.
Researchers support the health benefits of these blends for improving digestion, promoting weight loss, decreasing cholesterol and blood sugar, and supporting heart health.
The polyphenol blend, for instance, supplements the body with antioxidants which prevent cell damage by radicals. On its part, the metabolism-boosting blend improves body metabolism thus producing more energy efficient for working out.
As for the digestive support blend, it works to ensure proper digestion takes place thereby improving immunity health and overall body function.
An 8-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in the International Journal of Obesity found that stimulating thermogenesis with bioactive ingredients led to fat and weight loss in overweight and obese adults. 
Lastly, the vitamin and mineral blend provide the body with essential nutrients that support various functions in the body.
Vital Reds Benefits
Dr. Gundry’s Vital Reds is a premium-quality supplement that provides a number of health advantages that promote maximum health.
Some benefits of Vital Reds are listed below:
- Ingredients used in Gundry’s Vital Reds are tested for safety.
- This supplement’s metabolic enhancing blend can help with digestion.
- It is rich in polyphenol superfruits that can improve overall health.
- Has both antioxidative and anti-inflammatory properties.
Frequently Ask Question (FAQs)
Q: How Much Does Vital Reds Cost?
A: You can buy Vital Reds directly from the company’s official website or from retailers such as Amazon and Walmart. The manufacturer offers free shipping on all US orders over $60. If you become a VIP, there are discounts available. This supplement costs:
- One jar (30-day supply): $69.95 ($49.95 as a new customer)
- Three jars (90-day supply): $199.36 ($134.85 as a new customer)
- Six jars (180-day supply): $377.73 ($254.70 as a new customer)
Q: How Do You Take Vital Reds?
A: Mix a scoop of Vital Reds with a glass full of water or any other beverage of your choice. The powder is designed to mix easily, it dissolves quickly, and the mix is delicious.
Q: What is the Refund Policy for Gundry MD Vital Reds?
A: If you are not satisfied with the product, you can return it within 90 days of purchase for a full refund.
Q: What are the Side Effects of Vital Reds?
A: According to the manufacturer, there are no side effects in relation to using this product. Also, no users have complained of any serious effects of the product. If someone is allergic to any specific ingredient that they can contact the manufacturer. The customer service department was friendly and very helpful.
However, some customers disagree. Here are some side effects mentioned in a few reviews online: gas and bloating, fatigue, nausea, and headaches. Also, individual results may vary, we encourage you to ask your physician first to make sure that you avoid any potential side effects (if any).
Q: How Does Vital Reds Compare to Other Similar Products?
A: Gundry MD Vital Reds like other all-natural drink powder supplements contain superfruits that provide multiple benefits. On the price spectrum, Vital Reds is on the higher side with supplements like SuperBeets.
Q: How Long Will It Take to See Results With Vital Reds?
A: Products work differently for individuals which is the case with Gundry MD. There is no definite timing provided for this product to work. For better results, Dr. Gundry recommends regular use.
Q: Is Gundry MD Vital Reds Worth It?
A: Yes, this product is worth its claims, considering the pack of nutrients you get in a single scoop. Ingredients present in the formula are also backed by science which means this product may work.
You may be able to find less expensive options for similar products on the market. However, it is important to consider that quality matters when it comes to supplements and your health. So Vital Reds may be worth the extra cost.
Q: Is Vital Reds Safe?
A: Yes, this supplement is safe as it is formulated using natural ingredients only. The manufacturer does not mention any side effects that users may experience. EGCG doses of 800 mg or higher may result in liver damage, but there is not enough in just one scoop of Vital Reds for that to occur.
The product is manufactured within FDA-registered facilities that follow GMP guidelines for safety and effectiveness.
Q: Does Gundry MD Vital Reds Work?
A: Based on the ingredients present in the formula, this supplement could improve digestion, boost energy, and enhance skin radiance over time. Also, there are lots of customer reviews and testimonials that state that the product works and helps give people more energy.
Q: Is Vital Reds Good for Weight Loss?
A: Vital Reds uses over 7 different types of metabolic enhancing blends such as bitter melon fruit extract that helps burn fat and promote weight loss.
Q: What Do Vital Reds Do for the Body?
A: Vital Reds offer multiple health benefits to the body giving it more energy and promoting overall health.
Q: What is the Best Time to take Vital Reds?
A: As mentioned on their official website, take it in the morning. So that you get to experience a nice boost in energy first thing.
Q: Is Vital Reds a Scam?
A: Gundry MD is not a scam as it has tons of wellness products that offer significant results to its customers. It’s mainly a dietary supplement company and a lot of people have benefited from its products. You should always consult your physician first before taking any form of supplement as some people might be allergic to the ingredients that they use.
Q: What is Dr. Gundry’s Vital Reds Good For?
A: Vital Reds from Gundry MD is a powdered fruit and vegetable supplement designed to increase energy levels, improve your digestion, and support skin health. It combines 34 polyphenol-rich “superfruits,” probiotics, plant extracts, fat-burning ingredients, and vitamins and minerals into just one scoop.
Vital Reds Reviews – What Do the Reviewers Think of Vital Reds?
Gundry MD Vital Reds reviewers shared mixed responses about the supplement. The Gundry MD website has almost 3,000 reviews, all with ratings above 3 stars, with an average of 4.8 stars. Users who loved the product claimed to experience elevated energy levels, improved mood swings, reduced blood pressure levels, and low cholesterol. Some users have experienced a decrease in their cholesterol, improved mood, and steady weight loss.
Those who were not impressed by the supplement complained that they did not see positive results as expected. One user for instance claimed that she did not observe any weight loss.
Vital Reds reviews are quite good with an average rating of 4.3 stars on HighYa and 3.5 stars on Amazon (as of this writing). This simply means that the supplement worked for most users and has few Vital Reds side effects. So, if you have no food allergies or medical conditions, then the usage of this powerful health product is highly recommended.
Gundry MD itself is highly rated on some different websites, with people praising the company’s reputation and product quality:
- Trustpilot: 4.3/5 stars with over 5,000 customer reviews
- Better Business Bureau: 4.33/5 stars after 3,187 reviews
Here are some top Vital Reds reviews from real customers:
- The Way I Start My Day
It tastes great. Every morning I mix Vital Reds Gundry MD in my morning water to hydrate. I feel energized and no longer need to wake up with a cup of coffee. – Kimberly S.
- Amazing Product
I take Vital Reds Gundry every morning when I first wake up. I actually mix it with some of the other Gundry products. I make a ‘cocktail’ of several products including the Gundry Olive Oil and the Prebiothrive.
- I am also taking the Essential Orange and the Primal Plants. The products are amazing and have given me back the energy I was looking for. I am 73 years old. I wouldn’t give up this morning ritual for anything. Thank You! – Lorna P.
- Vital Indeed
This product is easy to take every morning and it helps with my energy, keeping my intestines in good working order and is worth the investment when you break down to the daily cost! – Peggy
I always feel healthier when I’m regularly taking Vital Reds. They dissolve easily and add healthy sweetness to my morning smoothie. – Julie S.
*Results may vary by individual.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Where Can You Buy Vital Reds?
Vital Reds are available on the Gundry MD official website, along with Amazon and Walmart.
Vital Reds Alternatives
If you want to look at some products that are similar to Gundry MD Vital Reds to compare, here are a few of the best brands available:
ActivatedYou Morning Complete
- It can provide added energy.
- Morning Complete promotes optimal digestion.
- It supports the health of the liver and cell metabolism.
- This product can strengthen the immune system.
- High demand may lead to low stock.
- There is only one flavor option available.
Balance of Nature Fiber and Spice
- This product can improve bowel moment regularity.
- Fiber and Spice can support a strong immune system.
- It can decrease symptoms like gas, diarrhea, and bloating.
- Balance of Nature Fiber and Spice is 100% organic with no additives.
- Individual results may vary.
- There are no sample packs available.
Unify Health Multi-GI 5
- Unify Health Multi-GI 5 can give you extra energy.
- The product promotes healthy digestion.
- It can promote weight loss.
- Multi-GI 5 decreases gas and bloating.
- This is a popular product which may sometimes be low in stock.
- There’s only one flavor.
How to Contact Gundry MD
If you are unable to find the answer in this Vital Reds review, you can give Gundry MD a shout through the following methods:
9465 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 300
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Gundry MD’s customer service team is available Monday to Friday, from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST, and on weekends from 6:00 AM to 4 PM PST.
Gundry MD Vital Reds is a wellness formula that comprises multiple ingredients that target general wellbeing. According to the manufacturer, this supplement targets digestive health, skin health, and body energy levels. Consumers who use this product daily achieve results such as radiant skin and weight loss.
This supplement is packed with superfruits which are known to contain high content of antioxidants. The antioxidants scavenge free radicals from body cell, reducing the risk of diseases such as heart diseases. Therefore, this supplement works as advertised. Our team of RDNs and users gave it 4.8 stars and named it a top health and wellness product.
Check out similar brands you might like::
At Wellness Digest, our sourcing guidelines are strict and we only use primary references for our articles including peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
- F Guarner and H S Gill, Primary Industries Research Victoria, Department of Primary Industries, Werribee, Victoria, Australia and Institute of Food, Nutrition and Human Health, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand. PMJ. Vol 80 (947). https://pmj.bmj.com/content/80/947/516
- Effects Of Aronia Berry (Poly)Phenols On Vascular Function And Gut Microbiota: A Double-Blind Randomized Controlled Trial In Adult Men - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Impact Of Mulberry Leaf Extract On Type 2 Diabetes (Mul-DM): A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Pilot Study - PubMed (nih.gov)
- Geoffrey Istas, et al., Department of Nutritional Sciences, School of Life Course Sciences, Faculty of Life Sciences and Medicine, King’s College London, London, United Kingdom. Am J Clin Nutr. 2019. "Effects of aronia berry polyphenols on vascular function and gut microbiota" PMID: 31152545. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31152545/#affiliation-1
- Hongxia Zhang, Zhang Feei Ma, Xiaoqin Luo, and Xinli Li. Antioxidants. 2018. "Effects of Mulberry Fruit Consumption on Health Outcomes" PMID: 29883416. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5981255/
- Hassan Reza, Md Ashraful Alam, Md Mahbubur Rahman, Nusrat Subhan, Preeti Jain, and Riaz Uddin. Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, North South University Dhaka 1229, Bangladesh. J Lipids. 2015. "Beneficial role of bitter melon supplementation in obesity and related complications in metabolic syndrome" PMID: 25650336. ttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4306384/
- Vitamin C and Immune Function: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5707683/
- Green Tea Extract Ingestion, Fat Oxidation, And Glucose Tolerance In Healthy Humans | The American Journal Of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic (oup.com)
- Dimitra Dimitriadi, Dimitrios Basoulis, Eleni Fakiri, Konstantina Gyftopoulou, Maria Kechagia, Nikoletta Skarmaoutsou, and Stavroula Konstantopoulou. ISRN Nutr. 2013. "Health benefits of probiotics" PMID: 24959545. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4045285/
- Emmy Derbyshire. Nutrition Insight Ltd, Surrey KT17 2AA, UK. Timothy Bond. Tea Advisory Panel, 71-75 Shelton Street, Convent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, UK. Nutrients. 2019. "Tea compounds and the gut microbiome" PMID: 31623411. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6835862/
- Bifidobacteria and Their Role as Members of the Human Gut Microbiota: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4908950/
- The Role of Polyphenols in Human Health and Food Systems: A Mini-Review: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6160559/
- Body Fat Loss Achieved By Stimulation Of Thermogenesis By A Combination Of Bioactive Food Ingredients: A Placebo-Controlled, Double-Blind 8-Week Intervention In Obese Subjects: https://www.nature.com/articles/0803351
- Cesarettin Alasalvar, Fereidoon Shahidi, and Sui Kiat Chang. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2018. "Superfruits: phytochemicals, antioxidant efficacies, and health effects" DOI: 10. 1080/10408398.2017.1422111. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/322673156_Superfruits_Phytochemicals_antioxidant_efficacies_and_health_effects_-_A_comprehensive_review
- Liver-related safety assessment of green tea extracts in humans: a systematic review of randomized controlled trials: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5193539/
- Ecological Role of Lactobacilli in the Gastrointestinal Tract: Implications for Fundamental and Biomedical Research: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2519286/
- The Effects of Curcumin on Weight Loss Among Patients With Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31249528/
- Ginger consumption enhances the thermic effect of food and promotes feelings of satiety without affecting metabolic and hormonal parameters in overweight men: A pilot study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3408800/
- Bitter melon (Momordica charantia L.) bioactive composition and health benefits: A review: https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/87559129.2015.1057843
- Supplementation with a juice powder concentrate and exercise decrease oxidation and inflammation, and improve the microcirculation in obese women: randomised controlled trial data: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3821373/
- Effects of encapsulated fruit and vegetable juice powder concentrates on oxidative status in heavy smokers: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21697538/