What is UMZU?
UMZU is a line of health and wellness supplements which cover a range of issues, such as brain health, circulation, digestion, mood, energy levels, weight loss, sleep, and many others. They contain vitamins and antioxidants which help to strengthen the immune system and elevate general health. Here are some of the top products in the line:
UMZU Colon Cleanse
UMZU TESTRO X
Mix this protein with a smoothie and get benefits to your skin, circulation, gut, joints, and cartilage.
How to use
One Scoop Daily — When drinking UMZU COLLAGEN in only water, mix with hot water for a better blend. For a perfect blend, try using a frother when mixing.
Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth — With Chocolate Brownie flavor. Mix with hot water for a healthy hot chocolate, or mix into a smoothie for an added sweetness
With Unflavored option. Add 20g of protein to any hot drink, smoothie, or meal with no added taste.
Price – $38.21
Ingredients – US grass-fed beef collagen, egg shell collagen, fish collagen, & chicken collagen along with added hyaluronic acid
It cleanses your colon of all of the toxins and waste that’s built up and reduced bloating, gas, and other symptoms.
How to use
Take 2 capsules with a full glass of water prior to bedtime. Continue to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Wait 12-48 Hours, you may notice a buildup of gas over the first 12-24 hours. Expect a flushing of waste within 48 hours.
Take Consistently for 15 Days, Every 90 Days — Continue supplementing before bed for a full 15 days for a complete flush of the digestive system. We do not recommend taking zuPOO more frequently than one full cleanse per 90 days.
Price – $25.46
Ingredients – Cascara Sagrada, Bentonite Clay, Aloe Ferox, Milk Thistle, Cayenne Pepper Extract,Slippery Elm Extract
This supplement increases the amount of nitric oxide in your system, improving total body circulation. The UMZU Redwood ingredients are very potent.
How to use
3 Capsules, Twice A Day — Take 3 capsules in the morning and evening – about 12 hours apart. The ingredients in Redwood work best when taken with food and water
3 Capsules Before Exercising — If you exercise you may replace your evening dose with a pre-workout dose for stamina, energy, and muscle pump. Take with Food & Water
Price – $33.96
Ingredients – Vitamin C, Garlic, Horse Chestnut Extract, Pine Bark Extract, Isoleucyl-Prolyl-Proline, Valyl-Prolyl-Proline
It boosts levels of testosterone in the body, helping to build muscle mass and strength and improving sleep and exercise recovery.
How to use
Take 3 capsules before you go to sleep in the evening
More Hormones & Energy — Improve your body’s own ability to produce testosterone
Better Sleep — Enjoy the sleep improvements as a positive side effect of taking before bed
Price – $46.71
Ingredients – Magnesium, Zinc, Boron, KSM-66 Ashwagandha, Forskolii Root Extract, Inositol & Glycine, L-Theanine & Bioperine
This supplement is used for faster metabolism, easier weight loss, healthier hair & nails, and even clear skin can all be yours when you restore thyroid gland function naturally with the ingredients in Thyrite.
How to use
Take 4 Capsules per day with a meal.
Relaxing or Stimulating — Some customers find the ashwagandha relaxing, in which case Thyrite could be taken at the end of the day. Some customers find the ashwagandha stimulating, in which case Thyrite could be taken in the morning.
You May Choose to Cycle — Studies suggest the adaptogenic herbs in Thyrite are most effective in 5 days on, 2 days off regimen.
Price – $46.71
Ingredients – Vitamin B3, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, L-Tyrosine, Forskolin, L-Leucine, L-Taurine, Kelp Thermo BlendVitamin B3, Iodine, Magnesium, Zinc, Selenium, Copper
Pros and Cons of UMZU
- UMZU may support digestive health.
- The supplements contain vitamins and antioxidants which support the immune system.
- UMZU could improve brain health.
- The products may lower stress levels and elevate mood.
- UMZU may elevate bodily circulation.
- Some of the products are expensive.
- You may experience mild side effects.
- Results will vary from person to person.
Who Owns UMZU?
The manufacturer of these supplements is UMZU company, located in Boulder, Colorado. They make products focused on different aspects of health and wellness, like mood, digestion, and thyroid issues. Christopher Walker founded the organization in 2015 
What are the Ingredients in UMZU?
Here are some of the primary active UMZU ingredients:
This is a shrub native to North America. It’s a laxative which may instigate muscle contractions in the intestines to help move waste through more quickly, easing constipation.
So far, studies like the one in the American Journal of Digestive Diseases have not found a lot of support for this ingredient.
Pine Bark Extract
This is the bark of the French Maritime Pine Tree. It has the ability to increase levels of nitric oxide in the body, improving circulation. It’s also used to treat asthma and may improve inflammatory conditions.
An article in Research in Pharmaceutical Science explored the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical effects of pine bark extract.
Otherwise known as Velvet Bean, this legume originates in Asia and Africa. It’s known for its mood and brain health boosting benefits, especially because it’s high in levels of L-Dopa.
This is the neurotransmitter which is the precursor to dopamine. It plays an important role in mood, motivation, and learning. A study in Ayu concluded that Mucuna Pruriens was an effective remedy for depression.
How Does UMZU Work?
There are numerous different supplements in this line, each of which functions in a different manner. Most of these products contain antioxidants, which kill damaging free radicals roaming your system and lower oxidative stress. This strengthens health and immunity.
Some of these products support digestive health, and they work by providing fiber and other ingredients which cleanse the colon of toxins and waste. There were some very positive UMZU ZooPoo reviews, as an example.
This decreases symptoms like diarrhea and bloating and leads to healthier bowel movements. An article in the Journal of Nutrition and Metabolism explored the role of fiber in energy balance.
Supplements that improve circulation function by increasing levels of nitric oxide in the body. Testosterone boosters have organic ingredients known to increase levels. Products for brain health and mood have ingredients which raise amounts of key brain neurotransmitters.
An article in the Iranian Journal of Public Health examined the biological factors behind happiness and health, such as brain chemicals. This offers just a few examples of how some of the many products in this line function on a biological level.
Is UMZU Legit?
Yes, there’s no doubt that the UMZU supplements are legitimate products. They’re produced by a highly reputable manufacturer which makes quality organic supplements. There are numerous UMZU reviews online which attest to the fact that this is a real product line.
SEE NEXT – Nucific Review
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How Do You Take UMZU?
A: All of the UMZU products are supplements, but the number of capsules and the specific instructions differ from item to item. Follow the directions on the label carefully while using any of these products.
Q: Are UMZU Products Safe?
A: The UMZU supplements are made of quality organic ingredients, and they don’t include anything artificial or chemical. These are very safe supplements unless you have an allergy to an ingredient. Make sure you check the list carefully to see that the item is suitable for you.
Q: Are UMZU Products Good?
A: Looking at the rich organic ingredients included in UMZU supplements, it’s clear that these are good products. They are made up of a rich blend which includes botanicals with medicinal ingredients, high in antioxidants which support general health and immunity. Scientific research and clinical trials support many of them.
Q: What is the UMZU Return Policy?
A: The return policy is only for customers who live in the United States. International orders are not eligible. The company has a 60-day money back guarantee.
If you’re not happy with the products, call UMZU customer service and then send them back within 60 days of the shipping date. You can only get returns for 3 items in a 12-month period.
Q: What Does UMZU Mean?
A: Um and Ze in German mean “in order to”, although we don’t know for sure that this is what the brand name refers to. It could be that each of the letters stands for something in particular, but if so the manufacturer doesn’t explain this anywhere.
Q: How Much Are UMZU Products and Where Can You Buy Them?
A: You can buy these products on the manufacturer’s official website, on Amazon, and from a number of other online and offline retailers. Here are some of the prices of the top products in the line:
- UMZU Redwood – $39.95<
- MZU ZuPoo – $29.95
- UMZU TESTRO X – $54.95
- UMZU FLORACIL 50 – $44.95
- UMZU SENSOLIN – $49.95
- UMZU CORTIGON – $39.95
- UMZU Mucuna Pruriens – $24.95
- UMZU Thyrite – $54.95
- UMZU Miracle Morning – $49.95
- UMZU Liquid Vitamin D3 – $11.95
- UMZU Floracil50 – $38.21
- UMZU Cortigon – $33.96
Q: What Do the UMZU Reviews Say?
A: Generally speaking, the UMZU reviews were very positive for most products. Users raved about great health benefits like improved digestion, boosts in energy and mood, brain health, and numerous other issues. There weren’t a lot of negative reviews for this line, but as always they work better for some people than others.
UMZU is a line of health and wellness supplements designed to help with a number of issues, such as digestion, thyroid issues, circulation, mood, brain health, and energy levels. They contain rich organic ingredients which also support overall health and immunity. Prices range from reasonably to moderately expensive.
There are many UMZU reviews online, and the majority of them have good things to say about these products. Customers mentioned many health benefits like increased energy, improved digestion, elevated mood, and others. There weren’t a lot of poor reviews of this line, but not every user found the products to be effective.
There are some mild side effects which could occur from some of the UMZU ingredients. If you have any unpleasant symptoms, discontinue taking the supplements immediately. It’s essential that you go to a doctor before taking any of these products to make sure they are suitable for you.
At Wellness Digest, our sourcing guidelines are strict and we only use primary references for our articles including peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
1. Cox, D. J., B. P. Kovatchev, L. A. Gonder-Frederick, K. H. Summers, A. Mccall, K. J. Grimm, and W. L. Clarke. "Relationships Between Hyperglycemia and Cognitive Performance Among Adults With Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes."Diabetes Care 28.1 (2004): 71-77. Print.
2. Zhang, Yifei, Xiaoying Li, Dajin Zou, Wei Liu, Jialin Yang, Na Zhu, Li Huo, Miao Wang, Jie Hong, Peihong Wu, Guoguang Ren, and Guang Ning. "Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes and Dyslipidemia with the Natural Plant Alkaloid Berberine."The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 93.7 (2008): 2559-565. Print.
3. Dong, Hui, Nan Wang, Li Zhao, and Fuer Lu. "Berberine in the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systemic Review and Meta-Analysis." Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2012 (2012): 1-12. Print.
4. Yan, Hong-Mei, Ming-Feng Xia, Yan Wang, Xin-Xia Chang, Xiu-Zhong Yao, Sheng-Xiang Rao, Meng-Su Zeng, Yin-Fang Tu, Ru Feng, Wei-Ping Jia, Jun Liu, Wei Deng, Jian-Dong Jiang, and Xin Gao. "Efficacy of Berberine in Patients with Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease."PLOS ONE PLoS ONE 10.8 (2015). Print.
5. Pérez-Rubio, Karina G., Manuel González-Ortiz, Esperanza Martínez-Abundis, José A. Robles-Cervantes, and María C. Espinel-Bermúdez. "Effect of Berberine Administration on Metabolic Syndrome, Insulin Sensitivity, and Insulin Secretion." Metabolic Syndrome and Related Disorders11.5 (2013): 366-69. Print.
6. "Cinnamon – Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects."Independent Analysis on Supplements & Nutrition. Web. 02 May 2016.
7. Singh, Narendra, Mohit Bahalla, Prashanti De Jagar, and Marilena Gilca. "Ashwagandha Stress Reduction, Neural Protection, and a Lot More from an Ancient Herb." LifeExtension.com. African Journal of Traditional Complementary and Alternative Medicines, 3 July 2011. Web. 04 Aug. 2015.
8. Livera, et al., "Regulation and Perturbation of Testicular Functions by Vitamin A" (Review), Reproduction (2002) 124, 173-180
9. Zadik, et. al., "Vitamin A and iron supplementation is as efficient as hormonal therapy in constitutionally delayed children," Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2004 Jun; 60(6):682-7
10. Wang C, Alexander G, Berman N, Salehian B, Davidson T, McDonald V, Steiner B, Hull L, Callegari C, Swerdloff RS. Testosterone replacement therapy improves mood in hypogonadal men--a clinical research center study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996 Oct;81(10):3578-83. doi: 10.1210/jcem.81.10.8855804. PMID: 8855804.
11. Schmidt PJ, Berlin KL, Danaceau MA, Neeren A, Haq NA, Roca CA, Rubinow DR. The effects of pharmacologically induced hypogonadism on mood in healthy men. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2004 Oct;61(10):997-1004. doi: 10.1001/archpsyc.61.10.997. PMID: 15466673.
12. Wang C, Alexander G, Berman N, Salehian B, Davidson T, McDonald V, Steiner B, Hull L, Callegari C, Swerdloff RS. Testosterone replacement therapy improves mood in hypogonadal men--a clinical research center study. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1996 Oct;81(10):3578-83. doi: 10.1210/jcem.81.10.8855804. PMID: 8855804.
13. Zarrouf FA, Artz S, Griffith J, Sirbu C, Kommor M. Testosterone and depression: systematic review and meta-analysis. J Psychiatr Pract. 2009 Jul;15(4):289-305. doi: 10.1097/01.pra.0000358315.88931.fc. PMID: 19625884.
14. Singh R, Artaza JN, Taylor WE, Braga M, Yuan X, Gonzalez-Cadavid NF, Bhasin S. Testosterone inhibits adipogenic differentiation in 3T3-L1 cells: nuclear translocation of androgen receptor complex with beta-catenin and T-cell factor 4 may bypass canonical Wnt signaling to down-regulate adipogenic transcription factors. Endocrinology. 2006 Jan;147(1):141-54. doi: 10.1210/en.2004-1649. Epub 2005 Oct 6. PMID: 16210377; PMCID: PMC4417624.
15. Wehr E, Pilz S, Boehm BO, März W, Obermayer-Pietsch B. Association of vitamin D status with serum androgen levels in men. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2010 Aug;73(2):243-8. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2265.2009.03777.x. Epub 2009 Dec 29. PMID: 20050857.
16. Costa RJ, Jones GE, Lamb KL, Coleman R, Williams JH. The effects of a high carbohydrate diet on cortisol and salivary immunoglobulin A (s-IgA) during a period of increase exercise workload amongst Olympic and Ironman triathletes. Int J Sports Med. 2005 Dec;26(10):880-5. doi: 10.1055/s-2005-837467. PMID: 16320174.
17. Naghii MR, Mofid M, Asgari AR, Hedayati M, Daneshpour MS. Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2011 Jan;25(1):54-8. doi: 10.1016/j.jtemb.2010.10.001. Epub 2010 Dec 3. PMID: 21129941.
18. Yu J, Akishita M, Eto M, Ogawa S, Son BK, Kato S, Ouchi Y, Okabe T. Androgen receptor-dependent activation of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in vascular endothelial cells: role of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/akt pathway. Endocrinology. 2010 Apr;151(4):1822-8. doi: 10.1210/en.2009-1048. Epub 2010 Mar 1. PMID: 20194727.
19. Traish AM. Testosterone and weight loss: the evidence. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2014 Oct;21(5):313-22. doi: 10.1097/MED.0000000000000086. PMID: 25105998; PMCID: PMC4154787.
20. Welle S, Jozefowicz R, Forbes G, Griggs RC. Effect of testosterone on metabolic rate and body composition in normal men and men with muscular dystrophy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1992 Feb;74(2):332-5. doi: 10.1210/jcem.74.2.1730811. PMID: 1730811.