What is Canine Restore?
Canine Restore is a 3-in-1 nutritional blend for dogs that comprises probiotics, prebiotics, and postbiotics.
This advanced formula claims to improve the functioning of the digestive system by increasing the bacteria population, supplementing the microbes with nutrients, and enhancing the overall health of the gut.
Thanks to these activities, Canine Restore may be able to ramp up digestion, boost immunity, and improve overall wellbeing.
About the Brand
The manufacturer is a company called Ultimate Pet Nutrition, located in Encino, California. Founded by renowned veterinarian and animal nutritional expert Dr. Gary Richter, they produce healthy organic nutritional food and supplements for dogs and cats. This is a well-known and respected brand.
- 3-in-1 formula
- Improves digestion
- Increases nutrient absorption
- Premium researched ingredients
- Third-party testing
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Medium-chain triglyceride
- Pumpkin fiber
- Flaxseed fiber
- Enhances digestion
- Improves digestive issues
- Enhances nutrient absorption
- Supports immune health
- Improves skin and hair health
- Some dogs may experience digestive issues
- Results vary from dog to dog
- Can change the appetite of some dogs
- Has a high price tag
|? Benefits||Improved digestion, regular bowel movement, enhanced immunity, elevated mood, and overall wellness|
|? Form||Fine powder (grain-free)|
|✅ Discounts||Up to 15% off (if bought in bulk)|
|? Company||Ultimate Pet Nutrition|
What are the Ingredients in Canine Restore?
This is a bacterium present in fermented foods. It plays an important role in the digestive system.
A study in the Journal of Applied Animal Behavior Science found that Lactobacillus Plantarum not only improved gut health but also alleviates canine aggression and separation anxiety. It was found to do this by enhancing neuromodulation through the gut-brain axis, thereby improving emotional and behavioral problems.
This is another bacterium in the formula, but unlike Plantarum, Lactobacillus acidophilus is present in the intestines.
In a 2020 study published in the Italian Journal of Animal Science, healthy dogs were subjected to a diet with a Lactobacillus acidophilus to test for nutritional status and fecal consistency. The study concluded that the bacterium did improve nutritional conditions and fecal parameters by maintaining an optimal balance of the intestinal microbiota.
These are fats derived from both coconut and palm oils. MCTs are used in many supplements because of their numerous health benefits.
A clinical trial in The Veterinary Record journal found that MCTs have antiseizure benefits in dogs. According to the study, diets enriched with MCTs have antiseizure properties thus helpful for dogs diagnosed with idiopathic epilepsy.
Plant-based fibers like pumpkin fibers are known to have lots of benefits especially in improving bowel movements.
According to studies in the Frontiers in Veterinary Science, dietary fibers such as pumpkin fiber are beneficial additives in dog food. These fibers improve the bacterial population and lipid absorption. They also reduce bile acid reabsorption.
This is another prebiotic fiber in the formula which improves digestion and lowers cholesterol.Like pumpkin fiber, flaxseed fiber is also an important additive in your canine’s feed. However, flaxseed if consumed without regulation may cause cyanide toxicity. According to an article in Veterinary Science Research, the recommended daily serving for dogs and cats is 0.23 grams.
What Does Canine Restore Do?
Canine Restore specifically targets the gut in its actions.
First and foremost, it increases the gut bacteria by adding probiotics to the gut ecosystem. Probiotics which are also healthy bacteria help to balance the microbe population.
Secondly, this supplement provides food for the bacteria in the form of probiotics and undigestible plant fibers.
And lastly, Canine Restore provides the digestive tract with postbiotics which have numerous benefits to the gut.
How Do I Use Canine Restore?
Canine Restore comes with a detailed guideline on how to use it for different dogs. To feed your canine, follow these instructions:
- 1-10 lbs – ½ scoop of Canine Restore
- 11-35 lbs – 1 scoop of Canine Restore
- 36-35 lbs – 1½ scoops of Canine Restore
- 56+ lbs – 2 scoops of Canine Restore
Once you know the correct amount to feed your dog, follow these steps:
Step 1: pour Canine Restore powder onto your dog’s food
Step 2: sprinkle or pour a little amount of water onto the powder just enough to cover it
Step 3: mix the powder thoroughly until it coats your dog’s food evenly
Canine Restore FAQ
A: No, there are no Canine Restore complaints. However, there are complaints about the company’s shipping process.
A: Yes, Canine Restore may be safe to use considering it is veterinarian formulated and contains ingredients with scientific backing.
A: Yes, this supplement may be effective as it contains the correct ingredients to improve gut health.
A: All healthy dogs can use this product unless instructed otherwise by a vet.
A: The brand that formulates Canine Restore is Ultimate Pet Nutrition. It was founded by a renowned veterinarian called Dr. Gary Richter.
How Much is Canine Restore and Where Can I Buy It?
Canine Restore costs:
- 1 jar – $69.95
- 3 jars – $188.86
- 6 jars – $356.74
You can buy this supplement and other Ultimate Pet Nutrition products from the company’s official website.
What is the Return Policy for Canine Restore?
Canine Restore is backed by a 90-day money-back guarantee
What Do the Reviewers Think of Canine Restore?
I enjoyed reading through the many Canine Restore reviews, as they were generally positive. I selected some of my favorite reviews, to show you the great benefits of this brand.
- Toby has responded so well to each of the products that I have purchased for him. I can’t thank you enough for the products that you produce for the true love of animals. Canine Restore has created alertness in Toby that has been declining. He’s soon to become 13 years. He’s a miniature schnauzer… – Jann Johnson
- Haven’t used up the first jar yet, but I do notice better bowel movements. She loves it! All I need to do is to start opening the jar and she jumps with glee… – Deborah Gardner
- My dogs are loving this formula so much the way they don’t have gas as badly anymore is a life changer and I mean that seriously. I can’t stop geeking out over all the legitimate work it’s doing on their tummies while they are relaxing in bed with me and can’t thank you enough for helping me save my babies. I have 7 and they all love me more than ever thanks to Dr. Gary Richter. – Carlos Camarillo
- I love the products. However, they are very expensive. Why I gave only a 2-star review – your shipping is unreliable. There have been many times that my purchase has been days and weeks behind. My dog was undergoing several surgeries since last December. I had to have him on a very limited diet for weeks. For a while, I had to make his food. When I notified your office that would have to return my order, I was told no problem- just to take a shipper of my choice. I went to my local UPS office. I thought it would be a no-cost return. Not so, it cost me $36.00. I got home and called your office and was told shipping is covered. – Kathryn Neeson
- We ordered well in advance of needing the food, but always notice of delay and then we run out of food! Frustrating to spend that kind of money for good food and then have to go spend more to tide us over until your delivery. – Wendy S.
Canine Restore is a canine supplement that promises to not only enhance digestive health but overall health as well. The supplement features probiotics, prebiotics, and postbiotics which are known for their remarkable benefits on gut health.
Apart from manufacturer claims, Canine Restore has tremendous support from customers. Most dog owners claim the product improved their dogs’ digestion, bowel movements, and general temperament. From the reviews, it is also clear that the canines loved the taste of the supplement.
Negative reviews were from users who were frustrated by the company’s shipping delays. Other than that, this product is in the good books with consumers.
If interested in this product, just visit the official ultimate pet nutrition website.
At Wellness Digest, our sourcing guidelines are strict and we only use primary references for our articles including peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
Effects of Lactiplantibacillus Plantarum PS128 on alleviating canine aggression and separation anxiety https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168159122000272
Study of faecal parameters and body condition in dogs with a diet supplemented with Lactobacillus acidophilus https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/1828051X.2020.1783378
Efficacy of medium-chain triglyceride oil dietary supplementation in reducing seizure frequency in dogs with idiopathic epilepsy without cluster seizures: a non-blinded, prospective clinical trial https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7799411/
Clinical findings in healthy dogs fed with diets characterized by different carbohydrates sources https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fvets.2021.667318/full
Ground Flaxseed – how safe is it for companion animals and for us? https://www.researchgate.net/publication/337345111_Ground_Flaxseed_-_How_Safe_is_it_for_Companion_Animals_and_for_Us